The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:14 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Limpit wrote:
Tonyssrx wrote:
Well the first one is done :-bd now do we keep it here or start a new thread on what we can do different or what was liked not liked ? Would like everyone that attended along with everyone who didn't attend but viewed our Tour through WRS to voice input And no one will be no repercussions for any bad feed back :-bd We want to make this work for everyone as you could see there where a couple of sons ( Justin & Max ) along which was pretty cool to see :-bd B-)

I feel that if this is something that is going to continue (I certainly hope it does), we create a new forum "WRS Tank Tours" or something along those lines. Each new tour would then be posted with its own thread (just like the meetings are).
Where we put the new forum depends on if you want only paid members to be able to view or if you want everyone able to view,that can be discussed but my thought would be to make it available to everyone.

I think would be great to be open to everyone but at same time it fills up fast I'm sure and I believe paid members should come first. Also when comes time to setup a tour maybe have 2-3 options and vote on which tour want next.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:42 pm 

AntiSPAM: No
Great ideas keep them coming :-bd I can also see both sides of the choice of days Saturday vs Sunday :-bd yes Ron were ever you feel we need to put this on the Forum is cool with me B-)

I also think we should do one in August but not the weekend of the 22nd BBQ any thoughts on a August Tour ? Or any Host want to Volunteer ? B-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:53 pm 

plainrt wrote:
Limpit wrote:
Tonyssrx wrote:
Well the first one is done :-bd now do we keep it here or start a new thread on what we can do different or what was liked not liked ? Would like everyone that attended along with everyone who didn't attend but viewed our Tour through WRS to voice input And no one will be no repercussions for any bad feed back :-bd We want to make this work for everyone as you could see there where a couple of sons ( Justin & Max ) along which was pretty cool to see :-bd B-)

I feel that if this is something that is going to continue (I certainly hope it does), we create a new forum "WRS Tank Tours" or something along those lines. Each new tour would then be posted with its own thread (just like the meetings are).
Where we put the new forum depends on if you want only paid members to be able to view or if you want everyone able to view,that can be discussed but my thought would be to make it available to everyone.

I think would be great to be open to everyone but at same time it fills up fast I'm sure and I believe paid members should come first. Also when comes time to setup a tour maybe have 2-3 options and vote on which tour want next.

I can here you there also, but it might also be a great way to draft members to become a paid members :-bd I know Melissa wasn't a member but will be this week a paid member :-bd my thoughts on voting for what Tour might put us back to being a clique, or it might be more offensive or they may not feel liked if more votes went to "A"then "B"ect.???? B-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Im for leaving it open to all members. Raffles or prizes should be limited to paying members.

What I can see is this quickly becomming a larger event than maybe some hosts are comfortable with.
Originally they said 10 then it turned out more like 15. I hate to limit it to just a small group of people.

If we have a larger group say 20-25 people who want to go could we consider dividing the members into two groups.
The hosts would then share their tank and their homes twice but with smaller groups.

The pros are more people can be involved with the tours
The cons-The host cannot then join the grooup as it progresses to a new site.

I encourage everyone who hasn't to reach out to people in their community and go to see their tanks. All have been very gracious hosts and they enjoy sharing their knowledge with fellow members

In My Tank- Blue Hippo Tang, yellow tang, Two Mai Tai Clowns, Diamond Back Goby, 2 Bangai Cardinals, Melanus Wrasse,Tube Anemone, Watermellon Anemone, 2 snowflake clowns, lawnmower blenny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:19 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Yeah I hear you rich on the vote. Some good ideas people

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 pm 

Great feed back :-bd B-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:22 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

The tour was a blast. It's a great way to see other people's tanks and how they do things. I think the 1 hour at each stop was good. It gave everyone enough time to see the tanks and socialize as well. I like Jo Ellen's idea of multiple groups is a good way to get more people involved. You could even do 3 groups if there is enough interest. The down side is that the hosts don't get to see the other tanks on the tour and miss out on some of the conversation. Leaving it open to everyone is a good way to recruit new members. I for one learned a lot by seeing the other tanks and getting some great feedback on mine. If the Saturday/Sunday thing is an issue you could always alternate the day, but there will always be some people for whom 1 day is better than the other. Thanks again Rich for taking the bull by the "BOOM" and organizing this event.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:26 pm 

Why thank you Carl :-bd Great input B-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:50 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I personally enjoyed the hosts joining the rest of the group , it gave you the opportunity to talk to them as the non-host LOL. Zooms house was first and it was cool to suck a beer with him and carl also when they were just part of the group.
one idea I had was a planned lunch as it becomes a long day without eating and only drinking LOL. Maybe meet for breakfast first before starting the tour

Running Photon 32 led and Reef Octo NW 200 skimmer (Beast)

Mixed reef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Yeah I like idea of host being part of group.